Friday, July 31, 2009

Apple Tablet

The above title is linked to the story which is one of many O.o!

Applet Tablet Mach-up
- Just one possible Image


Apparently Apple is developing a tablet that is a larger version of the the iPod touch with a few more capabilities. The Financial times has also backed this slightly and I'm beginning to wonder how I can make use of it...lol

Anyways there is talk that it could be revealed around October (Some say earlier and others later) for the Christmas season. It is rumored to be priced around $800 and to me that's not such a bad price. Hopefully its got a lot of new features ... I would prefer to have more features with that price lol.

One of the features that may determine it's size will be the screen. Some are saying a 10" touch screen and others say just under at 9.7". Either to me is a completely new interface and makes me think of 2 things, one good and the other eh, not so good.

Firstly, with a new technology of its sort more and more design aspects open up and hopefully apple will allow others to use this touchscreen capabilities in the near future. I could definitely find ways for it to improve my design engineering field of study.

Secondly would be security and damage control. With this being a larger and more delicate piece of technology not only could possible thieves see the item and be even more temped to steal it but with it having such a large touchscreen protecting it may be a hassle. I'm sure there will be plenty of ways to protect the screen via case and larger film protectors but with a much larger screen it gives a larger target for any flying objects or whatever you could think of.

All in all I can't wait to see if the rumors are true and if they are I would like to give it a go and try it for myself to see what I could get out of this newly crafted device.

- I do believe they have a little competition however. But I do not think that the capabilities of that machine could compare to what apple may have in store.

No comments:

Post a Comment